Information About Rhode Island
Rhode Island is a US state located in the New England region and the northeastern part of the United States. Rhode Island is the smallest state by area and it is the 8th least populous of the 50 United States. The official name of Rhode Island is the longest of any other state in the Union, which is State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Rhode Island became the first of Thirteen Colonies to renounce its allegiance to the British Crown on May 4, 1776.
Rhode Island’s official nickname is “The Ocean State” which is in reference to the large inlets and bays that make up about 14 percent of the total area of Rhode Island. Rhode Island covers about 1,214 square miles and about 1,045 square miles of that are land.
State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, derived from the merger of four Colonial settlements. The settlements of Portsmouth and Newport were located on what is usually called Aquidneck Island today, but at the time it was called Rhode Island in Colonial Times. Providence Plantation was the name of the colony that was founded by Roger Williams in the area that is now known as the city of Providence. It was adjoined by the settlement of Warwick.
Types of Hazardous Waste
- Cultures and stocks of infectious agents
- Pathological waste
- Sharps that have been used in human or animal patient care or in medical, research, or industrial laboratories
- Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts, and bedding of animals that were exposed to infectious agents during research
- Any discarded preparations made from genetically altered living organisms and their products
- Waste human blood and products of blood
- Wastes from human or animal patient care, surgery or autopsy that were in contact with infectious agents
- Laboratory wastes from medical, pathological, pharmaceutical, or other research
- Dialysis wastes that were in contact with the blood of patients undergoing hemodialysis
- Discarded medical equipment and parts that were in contact with infectious agents
- Biological waste and discarded materials contaminated with blood, excretion
- Such other waste material that results from the administration of medical care to a patient whether human or animal by a health care provider and is found by the director in consultation with the division of public health services or state veterinarian to pose a threat to human health or the environment due to its infectious nature.
We proudly serve the following cities in Rhode Island: Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, East Providence, Woonsocket, Coventry, Cumberland, North Providence, South Kingston and other cities in RI.
Get your quote